Thursday, November 17, 2011

This country grows on you - Brooke

We've been here over a month and a half. We still talk about America and what were going to do when we get home. Where we're going to eat, where we're going to go, who we're going to see. But we are no where ready to go back to America yet! Today we were talking about how much the people here are growing on us. There are some kids we have each connected with, but mostly we've gotten to know the teachers, and we love em (mostly)! When we first got here, there were some people we weren't so sure about, and didn't really like very much...but to look back at that now, some of it seems pretty ridiculous! I love how you get to know peoples quirks and little pieces of their personality that make them unique.

To be honest, during the first week of school, I couldn't tell the difference between half of the women teachers. They all had these difficult names to say and remember and they looked the same with their black hair braided down their backs. I think about it now and their differences are incredibly obvious, how could I have missed them? It's like when you see one of those movies showing a busy street in China where everyone is walking somewhere and they all look like clones of each other. That's kind of how I felt when I arrived in India! In case any of you have ever felt the same, I am here tell you that even though there are things they all say and mannerisms they all do, they are very different from each other. They all look different, sound different, and treat us in different ways.

I'm glad we get to spend enough time here to really get to know the people who make everything about this place what it is and what we enjoy. It's kind of like people watching on steroids, and I love it! Our 'brothers' and 'sisters' on this campus are truly fascinating.

-B

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, it's so true how people become so distinct as you get to know them! I love it, good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete